This type of interpretation may be one-way, i.e. rendering message from source language of speaker into the target language of a group of audience or it may be a two way process wherein a dialogue has to be facilitated and interpreted between/ amongst two speakers or group of speakers.
Features of Consecutive Interpretation
- CI can be rendered in a face- to- face, teleconferencing or videoconferencing type of setting
- Specialist equipment is not required
- It doesn’t happens in real time
- In ‘Short Consecutive Interpretation’, the interpreter relies on memory, each segment being brief enough to memorize
- In ‘Long Consecutive Interpretation’, the interpreter takes notes of the message to aid rendering long passages
- Short CI has the advantage that the interpreter requires less memorizing. This method is widely used in rendering speeches, depositions, recorded statements, court witnesses testimony, medical and job interviews
- Long CI has the advantage that the interpreter having heard the entire message or gist is able to render a better and more culturally relevant interpretation in target language. This is lacking in Short CI. Imagine a joke told in bits and pieces from one language into another.
Key factors to keep in mind while choosing a consecutive interpreter
An interpreter, who joins a new company, will undoubtedly be unfamiliar with acronyms, technical terms and culture of that organization. Interpreters will always find it useful to be briefed about company and its products well ahead of the assignment. Providing drafts of speeches and explaining any specialist vocabulary will be all the more beneficial.
Benefits of choosing Consecutive Interpretation at LC
- Track Record: LC is and will be committed at delivering consecutive interpretation services that can make your event a resounding success.
- Experienced Interpreters: All consecutive interpreters from LC have a minimum three years of experience.
- Personalized Service: A dedicated project manager is assigned to you who’ll work with you closely to meet all your project requirements.
- Local presence, global reach: LC has expertise at arranging consecutive interpretation services for your events anywhere in the world.
- One point solution: LC offers consecutive interpretation services in a wide gamut of languages and for different types of events including foreign delegation meetings, Annual General Meetings, Corporate events, Executive business trips etc.
- Quality: We conduct pre-screening and pre-checks of settings to ensure that your project is successful in your chosen market.