Chinese is the most spoken language of the world in terms of the number of native speakers in the world with around 935 million native speakers. Chinese is official language of China, Taiwan, Singapore, Wa State and Brunei. Besides, it’s recognized as minority language in United States, Malaysia and Philippines. It is also one of the official languages of United Nations. Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are the scripts in which Chinese language can be written and Mandarin, Taiwanese and Cantonese are the spoken forms of the language.
In Taiwan, the spoken language is called Taiwanese and written script used is traditional Chinese. In Mainland China, Mandarin is the most spoken language and Simplified Chinese is the script which is normally used, however, at times Traditional Chinese is also used for writing. In China, Cantonese is spoken in a specific province known as Guangzhou. Additionally, Cantonese is also widely used in Hong Kong and writing system used there is Traditional Chinese. Mandarin/Chinese is also spoken by a lot of people in Singapore and the script used there is Simplified Chinese.
LC, a Professional Subtitling Captioning service provider company with its head office in India and branch offices in USA, Germany, and Australia delivers Japanese subtitling services with its team of more than 100 Chinese professional native linguists worldwide. We provide multi-language subtitling to pre-recorded television programs, feature films, documentary films, webcasts and podcasts. LC transcription and subtitling team can add subtitles to programs with accuracy and speed. We use state of the art software that can render sub-titles in any colour, font or size ensuring that text changes while substance and context is retained.
At LC, we offer Chinese subtitling services for following language pairs:
- Chinese to Chinese Subtitling Services
- Chinese to English Subtitling Services
- English to Chinese Subtitling Services
Chinese Subtitling & Captioning Services at LC
- Quick turnaround
- High quality yet cost effective
- Fonts compatible with all major operating systems and platforms
- Excellent editing for better readability and reading speed
- 4-eye process (subtitling and review by two native professional linguists)
- Qualified and experienced language professionals
- Localization to suit traditional and cultural norms
- Offered for all major video formats
Subtitling file formats supported by LC
- Digital Video Files viz...WEBM, .MKV, .FLV, .VOB, .OGV, .OGG, .DRC, .GIF, .GIFV, .MNG, .AVI, .MOV, .QT, .WMV, .YUV, .RM, .RMVB, .ASF, .AMV, .MP4, .M4P (with DRM), .M4V, .MPG, .MP2, .MPEG, .MPE, .MPV, .MPG, .M2V, .M4V, .SVI, .3GP, .3G2, .MXF, .ROQ, .NSV, .FLV, .F4V, .F4P, .F4A, .F4B
- Digital Audio Files viz...3GP, .AA, .AAC, .AAX, .ACT, .AIFF, .AMR, .APE, .AU, .AWB, .DCT, .DSS, .DVF, .FLAC, .GSM, .IKLAX, .IVS, .M4A, .M4B, .M4P, .MMF, .MP3, .OGA, .OPUS, .RA, .RM, .RAW, .SLN, .TTA, .VOX, .WAV, .WMA, .WV
- Analogs (cassettes, CDs, DVDs, podcasts, videos)
- .AQT, .GSUB, .JSS, .SUB, .TTXT, .SUB, .PJS, .PSB, .RT, .SMI, .STL, .SSF, .SRT, .SSA or .ASS, .SUB, .USF, .SUB + .IDX
- Broadcast subtitle formats include: .PAC, .RAC, .CHK, .ESY, .XIF, .X32, .AYA, .890, .CIP, .CAP, .ULT, .USF, .CIN, .L32, .ST4, .ST7, .TIT, .STL
- Standaloneor hard-coded subtitles depending on your video needs