Medical translation is the translation of technical, regulatory, clinical or marketing texts pertaining to pharmaceutical, medical device, medical tourism et al or healthcare in general. It is a translation service that can literally save lives. Research by the medical journal “Pediatrics” which analyzed the audio transcripts of 13 visits of Spanish speaking patients to an American pediatrics clinic, found that official interpreters made about 231 errors. 53% of them were judged to have the potential to cause health problems.
Types of medical documents needing translation
- Case Report Forms
- Clinical trials
- Drug Registration documents
- IFUs & inserts
- Informed consent forms
- Installation manual
- Packaging & Labeling
- Marketing collaterals
- Operation manual
- Patients information
- Presentations, software application interface
- Toxicology reports
- User Manuals
Areas for which LC has translated documents so far
- Electro Diagnosis
Highlights of Medical Translation at LC
- Good medical translation service can be the difference between life and death, so we work with chartered healthcare professionals with several years of experience in the medical translation sector
- LC has been delivering multilingual compliance solutions to our clients in the medical and surgical device, manufacturing, biotechnology, IVD, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries as well as to clinical research organizations (CROs)
- We work only with certified medical translators who possess significant experience in their field of specialization and are subject matter experts. Many of our translators hold MD or PhDs in major areas of life sciences and medicine.
- We aim at maintaining a documented Quality Management System designed to meet the requirements of global standards such as ISO9001:2008, EN 15038. LC has ensured that quality commitments are realized and aims at continuous improvements of whatever nature.
Through the use of documented and repeatable processes, quality plans, corrective and preventive actions, internal and external audits, as well as effective management reviews, LC provides the necessary tools and skills for its employees to continuously make improvements in the quality and consistency of its products and services.